Friday, November 7, 2008

13.1 miles

Last weekend Jamie and I ran our first 1/2 marathon. It was something planned a year ago when we were inspired after my mom walked the SB 1/2 marathon with Team in Training. So for the last four months or so, Jamie and I with girls in tow have been running a few times a week. This wasn't a new practice for us, just a lot longer one than we were used to. It became a welcome addition to our sometimes chaotic schedule... just us and the pounding of the road... well and a double jogging stroller, 2 kids, potty breaks, "milky", snacks, "oh mommy- I dropped my baby"... you get the picture! But it also served as a great time of talking, planning and coming together at the end of the day for a little debriefing.

13.1 miles later


Sweet victory


Partners in life, love and running!

3 comments:

Nicole and Narindra in Madagascar said...

Very great accomplishment! I love the pictures for sure, helps me to feel as if I was there watching from the sidelines...

Yahoo!

Rachel said...

Wow - I'm so proud of you two!! That is awesome that you took this on together and included the whole family.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Well done!! Way to go! :)

That's HUGE! I'm so proud of you!

Love that you could work together as partners as you trained and finally ran the race as a team. What a beautiful image of what a healthy marriage should do, too!

Great work!