Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Play-by-play

Jamie's away at school this week....
Here's a little play-by-play of our first night alone:
11:40pm- go to sleep.
1:30am- jump out of bed to hear Isabella screaming...faintly (the monitor was off)
Isabella is scared of the sharks (again)
Ask Isabella if she wants to sleep with me. A mistake?
She says "yes".
Put her in the middle of the bed with her pillow, titi (blankie), baby, blanket.
Put a pillow next to her on edge of bed.
30 minutes later, both of us fall asleep.
4:30am- loud THUMP-crying.
Isabella rolled over the pillow, off the bed and is now on the floor.
Eyes wide, jump out of bed, scoop her up, head to living room so Eliana doesn't wake up too.
Comfort Isabella.
4:40am- build Fort Knox at edge of bed with back of rocking chair, pillows, bench to keep in place.
5:15am- adrenaline finally leaves, able to fall asleep.
5:45am- Eliana wakes up, hungry.
Bring her into bed, on the other side of me, feed her.
No pillow needed, she doesn't roll over yet.
Sleep as though I'm in a straight-jacket, either girl right next to me, can't move.
6:30am- Eliana starts to stir, quickly give her "nono" again, don't want to wake Isabella.
7:30am- Isabella awake, starts jumping on bed.
Where's the gun, I'm ready to shoot myself!
Jamie...it's time to come home.

5 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WOW!! You need a vacation after Jamie gets back! When is Hawaii again?! :)

Hang in there! Make sure you can do something JUST for you while he's away...taking care of yourself is KEY in times like these!

Nate said...

That's one of the funniest things that I've read!
(too bad it's at your expense)

Sorry to hear about the rough go!

Unknown said...

...poor James - missing all the fun!

Karina Sammons said...

This is going to be my life very soon...I can feel it! I loved this post. Absolutely hilarious. Thanks for encouraging me to keep little baby #2 inside a little longer!

Sarah said...

I've had those nights but just with one kid! Oh God I'm in for it once this second one is born!