Thursday, May 22, 2008

This is my attempt...

to follow in the footsteps of all you friends out there that keep me entertained by reading about what's happening in your lives. I'll soon discover if there is enough hours in the day to fulfill this endeavor, but funny, somehow I always make time for the computer (despite my not being a computer person!)
Full is how life has been with a hilarious 2 year old and a precious 5 week old. Yesterday Isabella had me laughing out loud all day. So my mom and I and the girls went to the Nordstrom half-yearly sale in hopes of getting a good deal on running shoes, but struck out. We decided to eat lunch at the cafe which was completely full as it was the first day of the sale. Half way through our meal, Isabella proudly proclaims, "mommy, I have to go poopy!" over and over again!! Now she's not potty trained (except when she's naked) and we're waiting a little longer for the dust to settle before giving a valiant attempt at this feat. Of course, this got the attention of those around and as I tried to hush her and ask if she wanted to use the potty or go in her diaper, she kept repeating "mommy, I have to go poopy" louder and louder. So off to the bathroom we went and after insisting she didn't want to sit on the potty, she found a corner behind a chair in the "mother's room" and sternly said to me, "bye-bye mommy" the famous words that she's about to take care of business and doesn't want to be bothered by anyone. Fortunately I was too focused on Isabella to notice too many stares my way as folks were trying to enjoy a nice lunch out.
For those who know me well, it probably doesn't come as a surprise that my first entry is about such a topic...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ha Ha Ha! A little lady after our own hearts! Welcome to the land of the blogging! I'm excited that you are starting this, it's a pretty fun way of looking back on life. That said, I should probably update my own! Love you guys! KT

Frankie said...

And this is one of the many reasons why we are friends, (your first topic choice). Welcome to the blog world!